Young Adult Book Club
Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!
Glad you're here!
If you're not a member already, then what are you waiting for? Join the site and get access to not only the sections you see now, but Writer's Club, where you can share and read your own writings, Actor's Club, where you can roleplay to your heart's desire, and Real Life, where you can discuss anything you want with fellow members! We'd love to have you here!
And if you're already a member, log in why don't ya? Why are you even reading this?
Young Adult Book Club
Glad you're here!
If you're not a member already, then what are you waiting for? Join the site and get access to not only the sections you see now, but Writer's Club, where you can share and read your own writings, Actor's Club, where you can roleplay to your heart's desire, and Real Life, where you can discuss anything you want with fellow members! We'd love to have you here!
And if you're already a member, log in why don't ya? Why are you even reading this?
Young Adult Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all young adult book lovers to get together and discuss their favorite books.

HomeHome  NewslettersNewsletters  Bulletin BoardBulletin Board  Join Book Club CircleJoin Book Club Circle  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We're actively seeking new staff members! here to see how to apply! No experience necessary! Smile

Click here to read this month's newsletter!

Click here to read YABC's Interview with debut author, Swati Avasthi!

The Month's Circle Pick: Fallen! Join the discussions by becoming part of Book Club Circle!

Check out Book Club's very own Homepage for all the information you want!

Check out the new and improved Bulletin Board for information on book releases, book signings, movie/tv rights, and more!

There are now Book Reviews that you can read! If you would like to be a blogger, please check here. We'd love to have you as a reviewer!

Please read the board guidelines before posting.

Please introduce yourself if you're new to the forum!

Start Discussing Book Worms!
Author 411
Tonya Hurley
Swati Avasthi

Are your an author, publisher, or agent and you would like YABC to conduct an interview? Contact Us and let us know!
Monthly Newsletters
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
Important Links
Homepage
Bulletin Board
Book Club Circle
FAQs
Site Suggestions
Latest topics
» Hi!
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm by megracer

» Rook by Monica MacDonald
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:29 pm by megracer

» YA mermaid fantasy: Into the Deep series by Missy Fleming
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm by aethra

» Favorite Author?
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:13 pm by jumpingbread

» Christian Louboutin Shoe
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm by cangliang

» christian louboutin peep toes
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Outlet
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» fashion CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes online[
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 am by cangliang

» l]Christian Louboutin Flats
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm by cangliang

Poll
What's Your Favourite book Genre
Drama
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_lcap14%Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_rcap
 14% [ 11 ]
Fantasy
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_lcap36%Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_rcap
 36% [ 28 ]
Horror
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_lcap14%Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_rcap
 14% [ 11 ]
Romance
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_lcap21%Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_rcap
 21% [ 16 ]
Tragedy
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_lcap6%Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Other
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_lcap9%Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 78

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~

Go down 
+4
Namine
Korena
Mandi
[Amii.x]
8 posters
AuthorMessage
[Amii.x]
Anne Boleyn
Anne Boleyn
[Amii.x]

Favorite book genre : Fantasy and Historical Fiction
Currently Reading : Fallen by Lauren Kate
Favorite Book(s) : Phantom by Susan Kay

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Empty
PostSubject: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:33 pm

I thought I'd make it its own little thread since theres been a bit of discussion on the topic. (:

I'd write a description thingy, but if you dont know what Harry Potter is about, you need to go gouge your eyes out with a piece of toast. -.-
Hahaha. (:

DISCUSS AWAY~ <3
Back to top Go down
http://temporary-insanity.darkbb.com
Mandi
Max Ride
Max Ride
Mandi

Favorite book genre : Fantasy, Fiction, Supernatural, Romance etc.
Currently Reading : Eat Pray Love, Just Listen, Ghostgirl: Homecoming
Favorite Book(s) : Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, House of Night Series, The Hunger Games Series, White Cat

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:30 pm

A piece of toast?? lol I wonder how that works!

Anywho, HP A awesome series, sad to see it end. But it ending gave way to HoN so it wasn't too much of a loss. Smile

Funny thing though, my mom tried reading it to us, my two siblings and I, and let me just say: EPIC FAIL. lol She couldn't pronounce the names! Dumbledore and McGonagall were the hardest for her lol.

But this series is a good one and kept me hooked from beginning to end Smile
Back to top Go down
http://shadowimagedesigns.webs.com
[Amii.x]
Anne Boleyn
Anne Boleyn
[Amii.x]

Favorite book genre : Fantasy and Historical Fiction
Currently Reading : Fallen by Lauren Kate
Favorite Book(s) : Phantom by Susan Kay

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:57 pm

I'd make it work. Seriously, anyone who doesnt know at least the plot of Harry Potter is just...dead to me. -.-

Hahaha. Your mom couldnt pronounce the names? xDD. Wow. Thats funny~

It definately keeps you hooked though~ You have to follow along with every little thing.
The last book was great~! There was so much in it, though. >_<
Back to top Go down
http://temporary-insanity.darkbb.com
Korena
Reading a great story
Reading a great story
Korena

Favorite book genre : Fiction!
Currently Reading : Pride and Prejudice
Favorite Book(s) : Harry Potter!

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:20 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mandi
Max Ride
Max Ride
Mandi

Favorite Book(s) : Harry Potter, Maximum Ride, House of Night Series, The Hunger Games Series, White Cat

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Namine
Hermione Granger
Hermione Granger
Namine

Favorite book genre : Young Adult Fiction/ Mystery
Currently Reading : Burned, The Truth About Forever,
Favorite Book(s) : Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Korena wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Mandi wrote:
Spoiler:

[spoiler]To a five-year-old!! I heard that she told that to a five-year-old!! And he danced with Mcgonagall at the Yule Ball so there.
Back to top Go down
vincent
Going to the Library
Going to the Library
vincent

Favorite Book(s) : harry potter books

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:15 pm

i have just started reading the first harry potter book its the first book i have ever read lol im liking it so far

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
xxcrystallxx
Involved in an ancient battle between immortals and the fallen for Hush, Hush
xxcrystallxx

Favorite book genre : Historical fiction and fantasy.
Currently Reading : The Hunger Games
Favorite Book(s) : HARRY POTTER!! hehe. The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray, the Luxe series by Ana Godbersen, any books by Philippa Gregory, Phantom by Susan Kay, The Great Gastby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tamora Pierce books (I've read all the Tortall ones and I just started the Circle of Magic series). There's more, but I can't think of them :].

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:57 pm

They're amazing :3. And, I agree, they are mean :/.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net~ShoutinaWhisper
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders
annmarie

Favorite book genre : horror and ficton
Currently Reading : witchfinder dawn of the demontide by william hussey
Favorite Book(s) : darkest power series morganville vampires house of night

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:54 am

its been ages since i read the harry potter Smile
Back to top Go down
Korena
Reading a great story
Reading a great story
Korena

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am

Oh my god Mandi! I so agree!
I'm reading them over again and I'm about to start the 5th book! I don't want to read it! I had forgotten how much you see of Sirius in the 4th book! I fell in love with in all over again! That was sooo stupid! Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
vincent
Going to the Library
Going to the Library
vincent

Favorite Book(s) : harry potter books

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:58 am

i like ron his so funny in the books also i could not beleave that sirius was killed off he had to be the best charter he was really good the books are amazing and i get why annmarie loves them so much would like to add that i did watch the films first but the books are a whole lot better there is so much more in the books i was compleatly shocked
Back to top Go down
Mandi
Max Ride
Max Ride
Mandi

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:03 am

Ron is hilarious! His brothers are great too which I think helped to keep Rom from going insane around Hermione and Harry with all their smartness. Razz
I think Luna Lovegood was an interesting character too, she definatelysaid odd things but I think she was very smart.

JK Rowling is a great author, she created all these amazing characters and this amazing world. Anyone ready to hop on the Hogwarts Express with me?
Back to top Go down
Korena
Reading a great story
Reading a great story
Korena

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Icon_cry
ME!
Me and my English teacher are still waiting for our letters damn it!

And yes Loony is very...amusing love her! But you know who I really love? Not in the movies but Peeves! Heehee he is soo evil!
And about books 5-6:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
alei
Picking a good YA book
Picking a good YA book
alei

Favorite book genre : Any
Currently Reading : Nothing, as of right now... :0
Favorite Book(s) : Carpe Diem, Ron Brown books

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Love this series. I read them over and over again. Unfortunatley I lost book five. Don't ask, I have no idea how. And I loved that one. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Icon_sad
What was everyone's favorite part?
Back to top Go down
http://www.aleiaurora.blogspot.com
Korena
Reading a great story
Reading a great story
Korena

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Favorite part.....Oh oh! From the 5th book!
Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, and Neville are sharing a compartment and Ron is saying how he'd like to take advantage of being a perfect....
"I'll make Goyle do lines, he hates writing," said Ron happily. He lowered his voice to Goyle's low grunt and, screwing up his face in a look of pained concentration, mimed writing in midair. "I...must...not...look...like...a....baboon's...backside...."

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Icon_lol Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ 61779
Back to top Go down
alei
Picking a good YA book
Picking a good YA book
alei

Favorite book genre : Any
Currently Reading : Nothing, as of right now... :0
Favorite Book(s) : Carpe Diem, Ron Brown books

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 2:44 pm

Hehe funny!!
I can't wait for... uh, I think its November 17, 19...? I forget, anyways, it's when Harry Potter 7 part one comes out.
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ 403357 Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ 407717
Back to top Go down
http://www.aleiaurora.blogspot.com
xxcrystallxx
xxcrystallxx

Favorite book genre : Historical fiction and fantasy.
Currently Reading : The Hunger Games
Favorite Book(s) : HARRY POTTER!! hehe. The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray, the Luxe series by Ana Godbersen, any books by Philippa Gregory, Phantom by Susan Kay, The Great Gastby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tamora Pierce books (I've read all the Tortall ones and I just started the Circle of Magic series). There's more, but I can't think of them :].

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:37 pm

I loveee all the books. They're definitely my biggest obssession. They're just amazing. I love how I can re-read them over and over and never get bored. And JKR is just an amazing writer in general XD.

I can't think of a favourite part at the moment, though. That's the only annoying thing for me, there's sooo many books and so it's hard to pick a favourite part or anything XD. For me, at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net~ShoutinaWhisper
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~   Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~
Page 1 of 1