Young Adult Book Club
Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!
Glad you're here!
If you're not a member already, then what are you waiting for? Join the site and get access to not only the sections you see now, but Writer's Club, where you can share and read your own writings, Actor's Club, where you can roleplay to your heart's desire, and Real Life, where you can discuss anything you want with fellow members! We'd love to have you here!
And if you're already a member, log in why don't ya? Why are you even reading this?
Young Adult Book Club
Glad you're here!
If you're not a member already, then what are you waiting for? Join the site and get access to not only the sections you see now, but Writer's Club, where you can share and read your own writings, Actor's Club, where you can roleplay to your heart's desire, and Real Life, where you can discuss anything you want with fellow members! We'd love to have you here!
And if you're already a member, log in why don't ya? Why are you even reading this?
Young Adult Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all young adult book lovers to get together and discuss their favorite books.

HomeHome  NewslettersNewsletters  Bulletin BoardBulletin Board  Join Book Club CircleJoin Book Club Circle  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We're actively seeking new staff members! here to see how to apply! No experience necessary! Smile

Click here to read this month's newsletter!

Click here to read YABC's Interview with debut author, Swati Avasthi!

The Month's Circle Pick: Fallen! Join the discussions by becoming part of Book Club Circle!

Check out Book Club's very own Homepage for all the information you want!

Check out the new and improved Bulletin Board for information on book releases, book signings, movie/tv rights, and more!

There are now Book Reviews that you can read! If you would like to be a blogger, please check here. We'd love to have you as a reviewer!

Please read the board guidelines before posting.

Please introduce yourself if you're new to the forum!

Start Discussing Book Worms!
Author 411
Tonya Hurley
Swati Avasthi

Are your an author, publisher, or agent and you would like YABC to conduct an interview? Contact Us and let us know!
Monthly Newsletters
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
Important Links
Homepage
Bulletin Board
Book Club Circle
FAQs
Site Suggestions
Latest topics
» Hi!
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm by megracer

» Rook by Monica MacDonald
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:29 pm by megracer

» YA mermaid fantasy: Into the Deep series by Missy Fleming
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm by aethra

» Favorite Author?
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:13 pm by jumpingbread

» Christian Louboutin Shoe
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm by cangliang

» christian louboutin peep toes
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Outlet
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» fashion CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes online[
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 am by cangliang

» l]Christian Louboutin Flats
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm by cangliang

Poll
What's Your Favourite book Genre
Drama
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_lcap14%The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_rcap
 14% [ 11 ]
Fantasy
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_lcap36%The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_rcap
 36% [ 28 ]
Horror
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_lcap14%The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_rcap
 14% [ 11 ]
Romance
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_lcap21%The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_rcap
 21% [ 16 ]
Tragedy
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_lcap6%The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Other
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_lcap9%The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 78

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Evie J
Katniss Everdeen
Katniss Everdeen

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Empty
PostSubject: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 am

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Forest10

In Mary's world, there are simple truths.

The Sisterhood always knows best.

The Guardians will protect and serve.

The Unconsecrated will never relent.

And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village. The fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth.

But slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power. And, when the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness.

Now she must choose between her village and her future, between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded by so much death?

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Dead-t10
Coming March 2010!

Gabry lives a quiet life, secure in her town next to the sea and behind the Barrier. She's content to let her friends dream of the Dark City up the coast while she watches from the top of her lighthouse. Home is all she's ever known, and all she needs for happiness.

But life after the Return is never safe, and there are threats even the Barrier can't hold back.

Gabry's mother thought she left her secrets behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, but like the dead in their world, secrets don't stay buried. And now, Gabry's world is crumbling.

One night beyond the Barrier...

One boy Gabry's known forever and one veiled in mystery...

One reckless moment, and half of Gabry's generation is dead, the other half imprisoned.

Gabry knows only one thing: if she is to have any hope of a future, she must face the forest of her mother's past.
Back to top Go down
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders
annmarie

Favorite book genre : horror and ficton
Currently Reading : witchfinder dawn of the demontide by william hussey
Favorite Book(s) : darkest power series morganville vampires house of night

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:42 pm

i have got this book but cant read it till i have read the book im on lol but it looks really good cant wait to start reading it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes
LibielShadow

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:41 pm

I think I'm going to try and read the first book again.
Back to top Go down
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes
LibielShadow

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:32 pm

The sequel changes main character?
Back to top Go down
Evie J
Katniss Everdeen
Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Yeah, it's companion novel.

But...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes
LibielShadow

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:37 am

Then I won't bother with it.
I hate when the second book changes main character and they call it a 'sequel'
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders
annmarie

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:57 am

no i hate when they do that i like a series to stick to the charters it starts with not change them :'(
Back to top Go down
Evie J
Katniss Everdeen
Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:59 am

It's not a sequel, it's a companion novel. Meaning it's set in the same world, and I actually think it's cool, but unless you finish the book, you won't know why.
Back to top Go down
annmarie
Chloe Saunders
Chloe Saunders
annmarie

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 2:38 pm

we ill give it a go as i already have the first book so ill let you know what i think of it once i read it Very Happy im hoping ill like it as the book was so eye catching and the back sounded so intresting
Back to top Go down
LibielShadow
Lena Duchannes
Lena Duchannes
LibielShadow

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:49 pm

I was rather excited to read a book about zombies.
Cause I love zombie films and what not.
But ehh, I don't know. I still have to finish my spanish book and Beautiful Creatures.
Back to top Go down
AnimeGirlXXX
Sinking into a beanbag chair with your new book
Sinking into a beanbag chair with your new book
AnimeGirlXXX

Favorite book genre : Fantasy or super natural books
Currently Reading : prophecy og teh sisters
Favorite Book(s) : Hush, Hush, VA, Ever, blue moon, MI

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:47 am

Got the book now all i have to do is get time and read it but will see when i get time and then if i will like this kind of book....
Back to top Go down
junglejulia
Bookless
Bookless

Favorite book genre : YA, SciFi
Currently Reading : Just finished Mockingjay
Favorite Book(s) : Hunger Games Trilogy, I Am Legend, The Long Walk

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:23 pm

The first one was really good, I thought so, anyway. I would buy the second.

I mean, way better than Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan   The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Empty

Back to top Go down

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Page 1 of 1