Young Adult Book Club
Welcome to Young Adult Book Club!
Glad you're here!
If you're not a member already, then what are you waiting for? Join the site and get access to not only the sections you see now, but Writer's Club, where you can share and read your own writings, Actor's Club, where you can roleplay to your heart's desire, and Real Life, where you can discuss anything you want with fellow members! We'd love to have you here!
And if you're already a member, log in why don't ya? Why are you even reading this?
Young Adult Book Club
Glad you're here!
If you're not a member already, then what are you waiting for? Join the site and get access to not only the sections you see now, but Writer's Club, where you can share and read your own writings, Actor's Club, where you can roleplay to your heart's desire, and Real Life, where you can discuss anything you want with fellow members! We'd love to have you here!
And if you're already a member, log in why don't ya? Why are you even reading this?
Young Adult Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all young adult book lovers to get together and discuss their favorite books.

HomeHome  NewslettersNewsletters  Bulletin BoardBulletin Board  Join Book Club CircleJoin Book Club Circle  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We're actively seeking new staff members! here to see how to apply! No experience necessary! Smile

Click here to read this month's newsletter!

Click here to read YABC's Interview with debut author, Swati Avasthi!

The Month's Circle Pick: Fallen! Join the discussions by becoming part of Book Club Circle!

Check out Book Club's very own Homepage for all the information you want!

Check out the new and improved Bulletin Board for information on book releases, book signings, movie/tv rights, and more!

There are now Book Reviews that you can read! If you would like to be a blogger, please check here. We'd love to have you as a reviewer!

Please read the board guidelines before posting.

Please introduce yourself if you're new to the forum!

Start Discussing Book Worms!
Author 411
Tonya Hurley
Swati Avasthi

Are your an author, publisher, or agent and you would like YABC to conduct an interview? Contact Us and let us know!
Monthly Newsletters
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
Important Links
Homepage
Bulletin Board
Book Club Circle
FAQs
Site Suggestions
Latest topics
» Hi!
Ghost Girl Review EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm by megracer

» Rook by Monica MacDonald
Ghost Girl Review EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:29 pm by megracer

» YA mermaid fantasy: Into the Deep series by Missy Fleming
Ghost Girl Review EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm by aethra

» Favorite Author?
Ghost Girl Review EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:13 pm by jumpingbread

» Christian Louboutin Shoe
Ghost Girl Review EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm by cangliang

» christian louboutin peep toes
Ghost Girl Review EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Outlet
Ghost Girl Review EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 am by cangliang

» fashion CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes online[
Ghost Girl Review EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 am by cangliang

» l]Christian Louboutin Flats
Ghost Girl Review EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm by cangliang

Poll
What's Your Favourite book Genre
Drama
Ghost Girl Review Vote_lcap14%Ghost Girl Review Vote_rcap
 14% [ 11 ]
Fantasy
Ghost Girl Review Vote_lcap36%Ghost Girl Review Vote_rcap
 36% [ 28 ]
Horror
Ghost Girl Review Vote_lcap14%Ghost Girl Review Vote_rcap
 14% [ 11 ]
Romance
Ghost Girl Review Vote_lcap21%Ghost Girl Review Vote_rcap
 21% [ 16 ]
Tragedy
Ghost Girl Review Vote_lcap6%Ghost Girl Review Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Other
Ghost Girl Review Vote_lcap9%Ghost Girl Review Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 78

Ghost Girl Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Namine
Hermione Granger
Hermione Granger
Namine

Favorite book genre : Young Adult Fiction/ Mystery
Currently Reading : Burned, The Truth About Forever,
Favorite Book(s) : Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Ghost Girl Review Empty
PostGhost Girl Review

Ghost Girl Review Ghostgirl

Ghost Girl

By: Tonya Hurley

Sometimes high school really
is a matter of life or death.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
And if I should die before I awake,
I pray the popular attend my wake.

Charlotte Usher feels practically invisible at school, and then one day she really is. Even worse: she's dead. Andd all
because of a guy and a gummy bear.

Charcters: Charlotte Usher I have to say is one of the most selfish charcters I have ever happened upon. During her time in the after-life all she can think about is the life she left. Her crush Damen Dylan and her idol Petula Kengston. Piccolo Pam is very nice. Pam died beacause she tripped and swallowed her piccolo. Pam is very nice to all of the dead students and is like a mom to them. Scarlet Kengston is the younger sister to Petula, a.k.a Charlotte's idol. She is very Goth and can see Charlotte.

Plot: I have to say, I wasn't impressed with the plot at first. Charlotte is one of most selfish charcters that I have ever come across in a book. Upon finshing the book I realized that their was a purpose behind her selfishness and now accept it. The plot line was very good though I wanted to know what happened next for all of the other charcters because they are so well thought of. The plot line started off fast then slowed then got really intresting and then kind of boring, it's one of those books you just have to stick to, to realize the true meaning behind it all.

First Thoughts: I picked up this book mainly because it is diffrent. It's very tall and narrow which gave me a sense of importantness and wnated me to look at it. Looking at the cover I started to get intrested because it kind of looked like a coffin around a girl and over top it said rest in popularity which reminds me of the semi-famous quote 'live fast die young leave a beautiful corpse'. Reading the back of the made me want to read it more because it left you hanging . How could someone die because of a guy and a gummy bear? I have to say my overall first thoughts were pretty impressed.

Ending Impressions: My ending impressions really liked the book. It was well thought out and well written, the ending was extreamly good. There was a quote at the very ending which I enjoyed because it kind of applies to my life 'Friends are like stars. You can't always see them, but you know they're there.' I also thought how it was a very good storyline but Tony could've made it a bit more compact instead of streching it out for so long.

Writing Style: I was very impressed with the writing style because it is written in my favourite style, third person. Unfourtantly I've only come across a few authors who can write third person very well because no one thinks in thrid person. Tonya did an exclent job writing equal amounts following the diffrent charcters which I really like, although it doesn't give you much suspense since you know what everyone is doing and you don't have anything to wonder.

Rating: I have to say four out of five stars. I'm more of an action and adventure person so it didn't go very well with what I like to read. If you're a person who doesn't like any suprises and more of a person who wants to sit down and read a very heart-felt book than this is the book for you. If you're more of an action and adventure person I don't recomend it.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Ghost Girl Review :: Comments

annmarie
Re: Ghost Girl Review
Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:46 pm by annmarie
love the review. i think i might keep a look out for the book Very Happy it sound a bit like a book i read by malorie blackman
Namine
Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:03 pm by Namine
Thanks!!
What book?
annmarie
Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:02 pm by annmarie
the books call dead gorgeous by malorie blackman

book info

He's got looks. He's got attitude. Why doesn't he just get a life?
Nova is fed up. Her parents are obsessed by running their hotel and her older sister doesn't want to spend time with her any more.
Liam is dead gorgeous. Trouble is, he's also dead - and permanently stuck at the hotel as a ghost.
Liam can see how hard Nova is struggling. But what a shame Nova's the only one who can see him at all!

it reminded me a bit of the book you reviewed only a little but i like a good story about ghosts Smile
Post  by Sponsored content

Ghost Girl Review

Page 1 of 1